August 24, 2012 by jooshanoosh
Last weekend my wife and kids went to Moab without me. I’m in a play right now and wasn’t able to go with them because of that and some other commitments. So, I sent them away as I waved from the driveway, knowing they’d have fun and that I’d be alone.
There’s a lot I could have done with my alone time. I could have gone to some movies in a theater, taken a shot at making our crap yard look a little better, hung out in my underwear, visited friends and family in the area, or made the world better. I did not do those things.
Here is a list of what I did do last weekend from 2 p.m. Saturday until 11:30 p.m. Sunday night so you can feel better about yourself or envy me for how much media homework I got done.
- Did one load of laundry and folded another.
- Cleaned the kitchen.
- Did the dishes.
- Played Mortimer in Hale Center Theater Orem’s production of Arsenic and Old Lace.
- BBQ’d a bison steak.
- Taught Primary.
- Walked the dogs.
- Convicted a shark of murder.
- Watched the following films or TV shows on the television in my home:
- The Werewolf of London
- The Last Man on Earth
- Season of the Witch
- Film Noir Collection: Detour
- 3 episodes of Breaking Bad
- 2 episodes of Torchwood
- 1 episode of Alphas
- 3 episodes of Suits
- 3 episodes of Falling Skies
- (That’s roughly 12.5 hours worth)
- Played some FIFA 12, SvZ Def, and Lock n’ Roll DX on my iPad
- Took two naps.
- Slept for 9 hours on Saturday night.
- Checked Instagram regularly for photos of my family because I really really missed them.